Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Day of Summer

I have been away from my blog for the past while working out some technical problems, both in photographing my images and working with the images on my computer. My nursing job has also been taking a fair amount of my time so far this month. Monday the weather was gorgeous so my friend Marina and I decided to take a road trip up the Ottawa Valley to Mattawa. On the way north we scouted out some promising painting locations and ended up painting in two of them. This view is at a small park near Mackie, Ontario. It was late in the day so we had to paint fast to finish before the sun went down. We were joined briefly by two friendly truck drivers, Dallas and Gord, who gave us the location of a park on the Ottawa River where we can paint. Looking forward to that, thanks Gord!

1 comment:

  1. Your colours look very dusk! I love the abstract sort of reflections, I think that's my favorite part of paintings. I'm in awe of them!

    ReplyDelete