Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Value Studies



A couple of more views of the same white cup.  I am realizing how important is brushwork and accuracy.  I also realise now how the loose brushwork and casual look of many of the paintings of artists that I so admire look that way because the artists have great drawing skills and the ability to make their works look simple and easy.  Behind that loose, easy facade is a firm, hard body of knowledge and technical skill.  Kudos to all those who have spent hours, and hours on learning how to render simple, true objects.
Thank you to readers of my blog who  have returned and continued to follow me after my hiatus through my internet troubles and through the busy holiday season when I didn't post for a while.  I was so happy to see a comment, I can't tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Your posting really appreciated. I like it. We are also deals with artist painting.

    Oil Paintings , Famous Paintings

    ReplyDelete