Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Red Delicious

I'm home from the Carol Marine workshop in Greenville, New York. It was an unbelievable experience. The Greenville Arms Inn where the workshop was held was a perfect spot: an original inn built around 1890, converted and made very comfortable for the home of the Hudson River Valley Art Workshops. Our teacher, Carol Marine, exceeded all expectations as a teacher. She is knowledgable, energetic, and generous. She led the group through a number of extremely helpful and enjoyable exercises, which I feel as I continue them at home I will grow much more quickly as an artist. As a person Carol was delightful to be with, totally funny, sweet, and natural. I would encourage anyone who wishes to grow as an artist to take one of her workshops and follow her blog. The study above is an example of one of the lessons on value that we worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment